A non-invasive test for detecting the most common chromosomal abnormalities in women. From a simple blood test, it will be possible to detect for example Down’s Syndrome.
This is a technique in which neither the mother nor the baby suffers and has 100% accuracy in detecting Down’s Syndrome. Don’t let time go by, this test can only be done in the first weeks of pregnancy. Make an appointment to have the test done immediately in Spain.
What is NIPT? What is PGD?
Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) is performed during pregnancy. It is simple blood test and serves to detect chromosomal conditions such as Down Syndrome by analysing the DNA of the sample taken.
Non-invasive Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD or PIDG) is the study of the embryos prior to implantation. It allows the analysis and elimination (almost all) of the transmission of numerous genetic diseases from parents to children.
What recovery time do I need in Spain?
For NIPT, you are only required to stay in Spain for one day for blood collection.
In the case of a PGD, the genetic analysis will be carried out before implantation. It will be done during the time you are already in Spain to receive an IVF treatment.
- Depending on the test you undergo, you will be able to identify and/or eliminate possible genetic diseases of your future baby.
- An initial consultation with the clinic is very important to inform you of all your options. The first consultation can be arranged via video conference.
- Check that you have prepared all the personal documentation (credit card, cash, passport, Identity Card…), medical (reports, prescriptions, images…) and travel (confirmation of accommodation booking, travel tickets…)
- If you take medication of any kind not related to the treatment, do not forget to take with you the necessary amount for your stay in Spain, as well as the medical prescription that will allow you to travel with it without problems.
- Once you are in Spain, you will have to make an appointment with your specialist for the procedure.
- Once you receive the result of the tests, you will have enough information to make the decisions you consider necessary.
Receive treatment in one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
Get your free medical consultation
Your treatment planpersonalized in 24-48h.