Throughout Spain we have specialised clinics that can provide you with any kind of psychiatric support necessary. Within the wide range of therapies and procedures available, there are some, such as TMS, which are available to help the patient treat some of the most common psychiatric pathologies.
If you require assistance for yourself, or even for a family member or loved one, contact us and find out about the treatments available, such as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, amongst others, which will be able assist in the treatment of your mental health.
Who is this kind of treatment for?
This treatment is used especially for patients with depression, bipolar disorder, OCD, schizophrenia, Parkinson’s, tics, acuphens, spasticity…
How is the treatment performed?
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is a neuronal stimulation and modulation technique.
Each patient requires a distinct level of stimulation, so first, the doctor will set the parameters for the amount of stimulation you need. Once this is established, your first TMS session will begin.
You will be seated in a comfortable chair, the TMS device will be placed on your head and, depending on the pathology to be treated, the treatment will take between 10 and 40 minutes. During this time a series of magnetic stimuli are applied and converted into electric currents.
These currents will act on the specific areas by causing some chemical changes in them, thereby re-educating that part of the brain.
What recovery time do I need in Spain?
You will need to stay in Spain for the duration of the treatment, which usually requires between three and twenty days depending on the disorder requiring treatment.
Once in your country you will have to follow the guidelines given by the doctor so that you can finish your full recovery within 4 months. You will be able to return to your normal life in approximately six to twelve months.
If you are able to stay in Spain during the whole recovery process, you should stay here for around 4 months to monitor your progress with certain limitations, and between six and twelve months to achieve full recovery.
- Rapid improvement of symptoms Painless
- Minimally invasive; no surgery
- Scalp discomfort
- Check that you have prepared all the personal documentation (credit card, cash, passport, Identity Card…), medical (reports, prescriptions, images…) and travel (confirmation of accommodation booking, travel tickets…)
- If you take medication of any kind not related to the surgery, do not forget to take with you the necessary amount for your stay in Spain, as well as the medical prescription that will allow you to travel with it without problems.
- Once you are in Spain, you will have to make an appointment with your specialist. During this visit, the doctor will open your medical record (for which you will be asked to provide all your medical documentation), perform a physical examination and provide you with your personalised treatment plan.
- After receiving treatment you can continue with everyday life. You will only have to follow the instructions given by the specialist.
Receive treatment in one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
Get your free medical consultation
Your treatment planpersonalized in 24-48h.